FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 00:52:23 BST 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 02:48:37PM -0700, chromatic wrote:
> On Thursday 25 October 2007 14:20:12 Peter Corlett wrote:
> > Some of us are of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
> That's a fine perogative, but I think that means you don't get to complain
> about bugs fixed in stable versions of modules released almost two years ago
> and the lack of features added in stable versions of modules released almost
> two years ago.

I'm of the opinion that if it ain't in core, then you need to specify it
as a dependency, in a manner that the versions of CPAN.pm etc in core
can understand.  If you don't do that, then you have to accept that
people are going to think that your distribution is broken.  We've got
used to stuff that Just Works.

I don't have a problem with Module::Build.  I think it's a great idea,
it just doesn't get used right, largely because using it right would be
so damned inconvenient.  This is why I was so pleased that it might
become easily inc-able.  But until it is easily inc-able, and until it
Just Works like EU::MM does, I will consider it not ready for real-world
use.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

You can't judge a book by its cover, unless you're a religious nutcase