Install::NewFangled-- CPAN

Andy Armstrong n at rciss.us
Fri Oct 26 18:54:58 BST 2007

On 26 Oct 2007, at 18:41, Frank Wright wrote:
> This is sort of related. I too have Ubuntu GG and had trouble
> applying modules with the CPAN shell. Some would apply and some
> wouldn't. At that time I had not enable the root account and was
> doing everything with "sudo". A week or so later I was at it again
> but as the root user and had no problems installing modules. Has
> anyone else experienced this?

I upgraded a laptop that was running Feisty to GG and problems
relating (I think) to the rearrangement of @INC. I hosed the perl
installation (deleted everything pointed to be @INC and forced a
reinstall), upgraded CPAN to the latest version, switched to using
sudo for make install / ./Build install and chowned ~/.cpan and
everything below it to me. Once I'd done all that it worked fine.

Simple things to check - do you own all the files below ~/.cpan?

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten