[OT] E-mail provider recommendations

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 00:12:10 BST 2007

On 25/10/07 09:50 Spiros Denaxas wrote:

> Gmail is definitely getting better and better...

It rather missed the point of my original query, which had nothing to do
with the quality of Gmail, but er, that it was Google.

A company which has my email, web search history connected to your e-mail
unless you turn it off (though it's still connected in their logs), a video
watching history (YouTube), adservers, social networking, among other things
is not one that I'd trust to "do no evil".  All of that information is on
their servers, and it's not in their interest not to data-mine it.

Other than using it for mailing lists, I want to keep my electronic eggs in
other baskets.