Hosting again

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Mon Oct 29 15:07:46 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 14:37 +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:

> Single point of failure is something I'm really trying to avoid. How
> reliable is a hardware load balancer? I guess it takes up 1u as well so
> that's extra cost.

To avoid any single point of failure you are already looking at diverse
hosting locations with multiple providers with multiple upstream network
providers, duplicated hardware at each location and hardware with
redundant power supplies, memory, processors and disk and so on and so
forth.

People do this all the time.

/J\