Hosting again

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Oct 29 21:07:38 GMT 2007

On 29 Oct 2007, at 19:33, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
[...]
> Haven't had a holiday in 6 years. Most I've had is weekends away
> where I make sure I have net access and have instructed someone on
> what to do if there are problems.

Oh, the naivety of youth. One day, you will enter the "grizzled old
cynic" stage that I'm at, and you'll wish you got here earlier.

I have taken not a few "foreign holidays" where I've told my
employers that they will not be able to contact me at all, which I've
actually spent at home, or indeed on one fine occasion, the rather
excellent boozer not all that far from the office. I might as well
have been on Mars after a few hours in there :)

If there is a *real* emergency, I do of course magically become
contactable. But I really don't care if the printer has run out of
toner or somebody's forgotten their password.