Hosting again

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Oct 29 23:21:23 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:57:04PM +0000, Dagfinn Ilmari Manns?ker wrote:

> From <http://lxr.linux.no/source/net/ipv4/tcp_timer.c#L360>:
>     *   Note that 120 sec is defined in the protocol as the maximum
>     *   possible RTT. I guess we'll have to use something other than TCP
>     *   to talk to the University of Mars.

Pfft.

Just re-invent the TCP wheel and run it over UDP.  If it's good enough
for Real Networks, it's good enough for us.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

  While researching this email, I was forced to carry out some
  investigative work which unfortunately involved a bucket of
  puppies and a belt sander
    -- after JoeB, in the Monastery