Recommended magazines

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 10:36:52 GMT 2007

On 30/10/2007, Frazer Irving <superfraz at clumsyjedi.com> wrote:
> My employer is asking the techies here if we want any magazine
> subscriptions. I imagine I will regret asking this, but does anyone have any
> recommendations?

Almost all the decent journals have been dumbed down or are in bed
with product vendors to the point of being no value to anybody who
isn't fully subscribed to a particular vendor like IBM, Sun or
Microsoft.

Dr Dobbs used to be pretty good, now it's entirely advertorial for
java or .net libraries and tools, Byte used to be good enough to
helpfel in the first year of a college or uni course, but ended up
being just another PC magazine.

Grrh.

On the other hand - that does remind me I need to get a safari subscription.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk