Background info - was Hosting again

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Nov 1 12:18:50 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 11:21:49AM +0000, Aaron Trevena said:
> Do you honestly think you're the only person on this list or even this
> thread who's got in the ring?

And on that note I'm going to step in and say ... "YOU KIDS STOP ARGUING
THIS MINUTE OR I'M TURNING THIS MAILING LIST ROUND RIGHT NOW! I MEAN IT"

Seriously - fighting, posturing, peacocking, bombing, petting, diving
and smoking in the shallow end are all forbidden unless

* It's all done with hilariously bad lip-syncing and appropriate sound
  effects

* It's done in a make believe secret tournament called The Kumite
  invented by a fantasist and pathalogical liar who sells the script not
  once but twice to Jean Claude Van Damme

* You can go 12 rounds with "Pounder" McCarroll and still drink him
  under the table at the end of it. Bare-knuckle mind you, none of this
  Marquess of Queensbury mollycoddling.

* We're in the Chechnyan parliament

*sigh* things used to be much easier when Dave "The Enforcer" Cross used
to run this group. He was old school he was. Loved his mother. Cruel but
fair he was. Proper Gent. Stuck to his own. Didn`t hurt woman or kids.

For thems from the old days who get the somewhat obscure in-jokes and
references to past events - this seems rather appropriate.

http://thegestalt.org/simon/davukiros.txt