FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Nov 4 20:52:13 GMT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 07:29:23PM -0500, Ken Williams wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
> >
> >(2) it does its $VERSION etc. handling using a set of fragile regexes
>
> We use the same approach that MakeMaker uses, could you please
> provide a realistic test case that fails under M::B but succeeds
> under MakeMaker?  I am not aware of any such cases at this point.

Actually, so far as I can tell no you don't.

You use the approach the PAUSE indexer uses. EUMM just requires the module
and calls ->VERSION on it so far as I can tell.

Well, you use something similar to the approach. PAUSE does much fun stuff
with safe compartments.

Not that much of this really matters now; existing old M::B installations
will remain the lowest common denominator for some time, and in any case
I suspect there are very few things that will work for PAUSE but not for
M::B, and if it doesn't work for PAUSE then whether EUMM handles it correctly
is fairly academic to my mind.

(I've been doing some research on this recently for Other Purposes :)