Hosting again

Martin A. Brooks martin at antibodymx.net
Sun Nov 4 23:16:29 GMT 2007

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> I've heard of that happening with cheap consumer RAID.  The idea is that you
> can't find identical replacement hardware, and therefore your data becomes
> unreadable because the hardware stores data on the disks in some sort of
> unknown way.

In that event, you'd be restoring from your backups.

>  That's why I would stick with software RAID on my desktop
> system... no reliance on some random Chinese vendor's RAID algorithm du jour;

My only objection to software RAID, and I totally accept this is an edge
case, is that it stops working when the operating system does.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin at antibodymx.net      | filtering. Inoculate