OT: It's arrived!

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com perl at cosmicperl.com
Mon Nov 5 01:42:07 GMT 2007

Simon Cozens wrote:
> Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
>
>> With a bit of luck the data centre
>> wont charge me for the extra Ethernet port.
>>

> What kind of data center doesn't offer serial port access?

Hi Simon,
  Remote serial port access? This is new to me. To be honest access the
BIOS, etc, through a serial port is new to me. If you'd give me the
terms I can google to research this I'd very much appreciate it.
>> Before anyone shouts SSH, that's fine, but no good for BIOS access and
>> if the server messes up in a way that SSH isn't available.
>>

> What kind of server doesn't support BIOS on the serial line?

Mine probably does... I'll buy you a drink if you point me in the right
direction.

Lyle