Simon Wistow simon at
Mon Nov 5 13:45:51 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 12:00:09PM +0000, Greg McCarroll said:
> Hi folks,
> does anyone have any experience of getting a Perl client to work with an AMQP server?

I've been looking at OpenAMQ too but have yet to find the Perl bindings
although I'm beginning to supsetc they may be autogenerated. From the

"The AMQP frames generators, in versions that produce C, Java, and Perl
code respectively."
> Also, and this is really a newb question, does AMQP support any sort of secure protocol
> access?

In 1.0 - no. "Applications login using plain text logins and passwords,
using the SASL  PLAIN mechanism."

In 1.1 will have TLS/SSL encryption.

There are, of course, ways round this.

Just an aside, if you're thinking of using this for ultra reliable
messaging then this

might be worth reading.