OT: It's arrived!

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com perl at cosmicperl.com
Mon Nov 5 14:20:21 GMT 2007

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2007 3:18 AM, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:42:07AM +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
>>
>> If you're hosting commercially on this box, please for ghod's sake hire
>> a sysadmin.
>>
>> It's become extremely obvious that you aren't one, so you either need to
>>

> Possibly also to your clients, http://www.google.com/search?q=lyle+cosmicperl
>
> That has to be worrying, on both sides.

My clients host with me for the second to none software support.
>> start paying one or you need to tell your hosting customers they should
>> move elsewhere if they care about their websites.
>>
>> (note: I'm not a sysadmin either - guess what Shadowcat's first hire was ...)

I've had a customer contact me today because their hosting provider has
moved them to a new site, and not copied over any of the file
permissions. And this is a reasonably popular host in the UK! I've
worked with an awful lot of hosts from all different countries, believe
me, in comparison my service and knowledge is better than most.