OT: It's arrived!

Jacqui caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 6 09:38:11 GMT 2007

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
>  *Honestly* I thought that groups like these were for people to talk
> about things and share knowledge. I didn't realise I was going to get
> gunned down every time I asked a question and wasn't prepared to get out
> my wallet for an answer. The idea of open source and free information
> seems to have gone a rye somewhere.

Nah - l-pm has *nothing* to do with open source and has only a "nip" of
perl. It is mainly focussed upon beer, ponies, pie and buffy. with a
smattering of dim-sum thrown in :-)

If you want *serious* sysadmin advice, lurk in your local LUG for a
while and go to a meet. Hell they even have BAB's when if you take your
nice shiny hardware someone who truly knows what they are doing will
often help configure it for you. In our local LUG we have camera experts
video peeps and a whole heap of sysadmins -including a 'clive' who
is the *god* of vmware. I have been in the IT business for far too long
to admit and usually learn something useful every time I go to a BAB.

Jacqui