VMS help wanted

Jacqui caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 7 16:53:12 GMT 2007

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 03:42:07PM +0100, S?bastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:
>
>>David Cantrell wrote:
>>
>>>Talking of which, does anyone here have the necessary VMS-fu to help add
>>>VMS support to Devel::CheckLib?
>>
>>Andy Armstrong recently added this on the Perl-QA wiki:
>>  http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Testing_on_VMS
>
> Yes, I know.  That doesn't tell me such things as *what the VMS C
> compiler is called* or how to build a shared library using it.

help is the VMS version of man/info

I remember enough to know not to get involved. :-)

Jacqui

p.s. If you get no offers you can ask - but unless I have access to a
console I doubt I would be a lot of help - it has been a few years.

Also (FWICR) the DEC C compiler flags varied from version to version.