Big site architecture related things

Richard Clamp richardc at unixbeard.net
Thu Nov 8 08:52:04 GMT 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 10:25:44PM +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> Brilliant stuff Edmund, this'll make great reading for me. Thank you.

I'm sure it won't work, but I'll have a go at explaining where you went
wrong here Lyle.

You responded.

Yes, I can appreciate that you got this mail in your inbox, but then so
did all the other subscribers to the list (pedants note: I don't care
if any of you filtered somewhere else and read it there, so don't even
start), but you didn't actually have anything useful to say to the
amassed misanthropes.

Instead of saying nothing, you said nothing.

You don't have to respond to every message you see on a mailing list.
We'll happily take silence to mean that you concede the point, or that
you're thinking, or that you're just not interested.  These aren't emails
from your parents, we won't get upset or concerned for your welfare if you
don't respond.

Really, we're cool if we don't hear from you.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net>