OT: It's arrived!

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Nov 8 13:08:01 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 12:51:06PM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:
> Quoting Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com>:
> >Clay Shirky IIRC made an interesting point that those so desirous of
> >attention will seek it even when that attn is increasingly negative:
> >it's better to have *some* attention than no attention even if it's
> >negatively directed. This is probably what's going on here.
> I think you'll find Oscar Wilde said it first (and better).
>   "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about,
>    and that is not being talked about."

There was a book of Oscar Wilde quotes in Oxfam yesterday. I almost bought it.
But I guess I can get them all for free on Uncyclopedia:

[this where gellyfish re-emerges an hour later and tells off whoever caused
him to get distracted again by Uncyclopedia? Or maybe re-emerges tomorrow -
at least it gives a plausible excuse for missing the social.]

Nicholas Clark