OT: It's arrived!

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Nov 9 18:18:19 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 09:34:27PM +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:
> Paul Makepeace wrote:
> > Clay Shirky IIRC made an interesting point that those so desirous of
> > attention will seek it even when that attn is increasingly negative:
> > it's better to have *some* attention than no attention even if it's
> > negatively directed. This is probably what's going on here.
>
> The great but sadly not sufficiently late Margaret Thatcher said something
> rather similar *and* proposed a good solution to it.

Do you have a reference to her proposed solution? I don't remember it, and
I can't see a way to search for it.

Also, surely it's useful that she's not late yet? In that people generally
don't feel like saying bad things about dead people, but criticising the
living is considered fair game, given that they can still answer back.

Nicholas Clark