Multi platform, high volume data recording

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com perl at cosmicperl.com
Mon Nov 12 13:07:23 GMT 2007

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 02:25:03AM +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
>

>> What's worrying me at the moment is the emailing
>> side of things. There could potentially be a
>> newsletter going out daily to a mailing list of
>> over 90,000.
>>

> *TWANG*
>
> That was my spammer-sense making me go all tingly.  I do hope you're not
> up to anything I wouldn't approve of.

Christ no! Jesus, what do you think of me?? I don't wanna go to jail. My
client is big, they'll most likely build up a lot of subscribers.

I've got a double opt in list of over 14,000 myself that I can test
methods on. I don't like the idea of sending it all to the mail server
in one, as I've had problems with sendmail falling over in the past. I'd
split it into chunks, and send it over every few minutes.

Lyle