Multi platform, high volume data recording

Philip Newton philip.newton at
Tue Nov 13 15:45:12 GMT 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 12:31 PM, David Cantrell <david at> wrote:
> "Double opt-in" is spammer-speak, designed to make proper sign-up
> procedures seem pointless.  You mean "confirmed opt-in".

Or even simply "opt-in" -- given that without the confirmation that
the email address belongs to the person ticking little boxes, you
can't know whether someone opted-in or just had a malicious cow
orker/spambot/kitten hopping on the keyboard play a trick on them.

Though I may be too late for the game and "opt-in" is nowadays no
longer usable in that sense.

Philip Newton <philip.newton at>