Any IIS 6 Perl CGI gurus out their with their sanity intact

Jonathan Stowe jns at
Wed Nov 14 12:58:36 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 12:24 +0000, Bob Browning wrote:
> Oops - sorry ...

> I tried that.  I put print "content-type:text/html\n\nhello"; in the top of
> the file and it came out.  Then moved it above the first require, still OK,
> then to the top of the first require and nothing.

I'd stick

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

above all the other use and requires. Or alternatively arrange for the
environment variable PERL5OPT to be set to "-MCGI::Carp=fatalsToBrowser"
for the IIS process - or change the script map so that it has

  c:\perl\bin\perl -MCGI::Carp=fatalsToBrowser "%s" %s

and so on and so forth. The latter two are easier to apply and remove

Your religion sucks