WinZip to the rescue

Leo Lapworth leo at
Fri Nov 23 13:36:50 GMT 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 1:13 PM, Jonathan Peterson <JPeterson at> wrote:
> Thanks to recent errors by our friends in Whitehall, our company has
> decided to care about encrypting things a bit. In particular some not
> massively interesting mailing lists that get sent to shipping companies.
> I'm struggling to find a better alternative than encrypted zip files with
> a strong and seperately faxed password.

Could you not set up an sftp server and just email these companies
saying the latest files are ready to pickup?

Then you can fax passwords or get them to set up keys (ok, so a little
more involved, but I'm sure you could put together some noddy proof
documentation). There's even WinSCP these days for those Windoz users
and it's got a Windows Explorer interface so it won't be too alien for

Just an idea.