WinZip to the rescue

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Fri Nov 23 16:35:11 GMT 2007

Juliet Kemp wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 02:28:13PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
>
>> A good password is both hard to guess and easy to remember.  Random
>> strings of characters are hard to remember.  The best scheme I've ever
>> seen is the one that Compuserve used to use - have a big dictionary,
>> pick two words at random, and glue them together with a number or
>> punctuation character.  So your password is relieves8breakfast instead
>> of hm4d>`*>g5.
>>

> The initials (with the odd punctuation or number or whatever) of a
> phrase is good, as well - I tend to use something mid-verse from
> whatever song I'm listening to at the time.
>

> Juliet

I use acrostics based on prayers or poems for my passwords, you don't
get numbers or special characters (unless you go 1337 :)) and they can
get to be quite long but easy to remember, you can recite the parrot
sketch can't you.For this purpose I learnt a couple of ***** prayers. I
have however come unstuck once when using a quote from a speech by
Winston Churchill.

Oh and a copy of pi to 2 million places is also quite useful.

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 358223
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com