Laptop Recommendations

Robert Shiels robert at se71.org
Wed Nov 28 16:40:07 GMT 2007

Peter Corlett wrote:
> Well, Apple don't grok 3G, as evidenced by the iPhone, so I wouldn't hold
> your breath for a 3G-capable one. However the machines do have built-in
> Bluetooth, so you can just use a phone as a wireless modem instead.

I have 2 Dell laptops - a Latitude X200 which is very light has worked
flawlessly since I got it about 4 years ago, and a D600 (owned by work)
which is bulkier but again has worked for years and runs an average of
10 hours a day. Both run windows, but I've seen Linux working on the
X200 that a friend has.

I'm after an upgrade too, and would be happy to go for Dell again
probably, though I think you do have to spend more to get the good
machines (Inspirons not as good as Latitudes)

I hear the T-mobile dongle things work well.

/R