Laptop Recommendations

Jos I. Boumans kane at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 28 19:17:09 GMT 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 7:57 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
> I'll probably be getting myself a shiny new Macbook Pro soon.  And I
> think I'll run Windows on it, but in a virtual machine.  My experience
> is that when run as an application Windows isn't that bad.  Presumably
> it helps that VMs present interfaces for very well-known hardware
> to the
> OS so there's less device driver pain.

Indeed. I've had a windows virtual VM[1] on my mac for... ages...
Great for
those times you need IE or M$ Project. Or just want to check your perl
code works as expected on windows.

Make sure you stick in enough ram in you MB Pro and you're good to go.

--

	Jos Boumans

	"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority,
	it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

[1] The VM is parallels: http://www.parallels.com/