Laptop Recommendations

Jos I. Boumans kane at
Wed Nov 28 19:17:09 GMT 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 7:57 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
> I'll probably be getting myself a shiny new Macbook Pro soon.  And I
> think I'll run Windows on it, but in a virtual machine.  My experience
> is that when run as an application Windows isn't that bad.  Presumably
> it helps that VMs present interfaces for very well-known hardware
> to the
> OS so there's less device driver pain.

Indeed. I've had a windows virtual VM[1] on my mac for... ages...
Great for
those times you need IE or M$ Project. Or just want to check your perl
code works as expected on windows.

Make sure you stick in enough ram in you MB Pro and you're good to go.

	Jos Boumans

	"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority,
	it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

[1] The VM is parallels: