Whisky Competition!

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 10:07:23 GMT 2007

Hello,

Following some wonderful generosity from the lovely people at
Shadowcat Systems at the London Perl Workshop I find myself in
possession of a rather good bottle of whisky.

There is only one downside to this otherwise pleasing state of affairs
which is that I don't drink whisky.

So I propose a competition, the winner of which shall be presented
with the bottle at the next social!

The rules are:

  * you must provide Perl code that says why you should have the bottle.
  * it shall be run as 'perl file_containing_your_code.pl'
  * the reason shall be printed to STDOUT
  * your code must be <= 4 lines, with each line having <= 72 characters.
  * the final winner shall be selected by a hastily formed group of
judges at the next social
  * the winner (or a representative) must be present to collect the
bottle, otherwise another will be chosen.
  * entries must be mailed to me OFF LIST by 4pm Thursday

Marks will be awarded for:

  * artistic style
  * devlishness
  * humour