Laptop Recommendations

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Thu Dec 6 12:33:41 GMT 2007

Kaoru wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 3:59 PM, Nigel Rantor <wiggly at wiggly.org> wrote:
>> Hmm...thinkpads can handle 4Gb eh....damn, I still don't know what to
>> get though. Thinkpad, Vaio, Thinkpad, Vaio, Thinkpad, Vaio......
>>

> As someone who's owned two Vaios, I say go with the Thinkpad.

I just did, T61 (ND21GUK).

Have already installed Ubuntu and am trying to fix the things that
aren't quite right. Which, so far, have been very few and far between.

Currently my only problem is sound is a bit low. But I've found info on
that and have things to try.

It's a very nice little machine.

One of the other deciding factors was that I found someone on TCR
willing to open up two machines for me to check for dead/stuck pixels,
agreed a price before he started and the first one (luckily for him)
looked fine.