Routers (again?)

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Dec 11 18:50:53 GMT 2007

Had a Netgear thing that worked OK. Swapped it for a Linksys WAG200G
because the Netgear was long in the tooth. WAG200G doesn't recover
from a dropped connection - unknown whether connection dropped because
router went crazy or connection dropped anyway and router couldn't
cope. I've upgraded the firmware; the release notes for the new
firmware version claim to have a fixed a similar sounding problem -
but not for me.

Unfortunately having set up the WAG200G I gave the Netgear to a
friend. Asking for trouble that was.

I can't be arsed with thrice daily router reboots. What's recommended
for ADSL <-> Wireless duties?

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten