"there now is a good SOAP::Lite alternative" ?

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Dec 12 07:47:30 GMT 2007

* Jonathan Lloyd (webmaster at lifegames.org) [071212 06:58]:
> I still use SOAP::Lite for the submission of SOAP data and the construction
> of the request however.  Let me know if this helps!

> On Nov 30, 2007 3:43 AM, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >From perlbuzz.com :
> > http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/29/1432250&from=rss
> > XML::Compile and XML::Compile::SOAP - looks nice - has anybody tried it?

XML::Compile has quite a number of serious applications already.  Of
course, every once-in-a-while some small issue pops-up.  Imagin for your
own implementation, that the only thing you need to take care of is the
data structure of the message, and all the XML is hidden.  That would
simplify your code a lot (I presume).  It is a 100% complete, validating
XML-Schema 2001 implementation.

The ::SOAP implementation is just released.  I have one set of example
implementations to one real SOAP server.  So, there will probably be some
issues left.  But if no-one is using it, then it will never improve.
WSDL1.1/SOAP1.1 over HTTP, Doc style, RPC-literal and RPC-encoded.

In the coming months: a Net::Server based SOAP server, which can be
initiated with a WSDL and a list of callbacks. SOAP1.1&2/HTTP.
--
Regards,
               MarkOv

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net