Alternatives to version numbering

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:41:34 GMT 2008

On 04/01/2008, Roger Burton West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 01:34:52AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Just as well I didn't have a bit of cheesewire to hand because I'd
be doing a stretch
>> at Her Majesty's Pleasure after having to spend time with some of
our more lazy and
>> incompetent Java programmers.
>
> I have worked with Perl programmers who regarded the use of SQL escaping
> as effete and overcomplex.

Yesterday I had a fun chat with one of my clients subcontractors in
eastern europe and had to explain that a) implementing a 2nd (!!) DIY
DB abstraction layer was a bad idea and that contrary to his
interpretation of the manual SQL::Abstract can indeed join tables, but
just doesn't use the JOIN keyword.

This would be the same bunch of guys who claimed to know CVS, but had
never tagged or forked before and were unfamiliar with the concept.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk