Hostnames as Bash Commands

Bob Walker bob at randomness.org.uk
Fri Jan 4 17:03:43 GMT 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Smylers wrote:

> Since I mentioned this in the pub last night I thought I'd post the code
> -- it's my way of configuring Bash (on Ubuntu Linux) so that typing a
> hostname as a command will SSH to that server.

I also have stuff to do this. Althogh you have to type ssh the first time.
http://tech.randomness.org.uk/Function_and_Alias_use_in_bash.html

although Dominic Mitchell did point out that my scrpiting sucks :)
http://happygiraffe.net/blog/articles/2006/10/05/shell-scripting

and having just checked my svn repo i did take the suggestions on board.

http://svn.randomness.org.uk/trunk/bob/dotfiles/.bash_functions

and if you were in the pub last you should add your views to RGL

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Edgar_Wallace,_WC2R_3JF

especially if you had the food. i sort of forgot to eat.

--
Bob Walker
http://london.randomness.org.uk - http://tech.randomness.org.uk