on/off-topic: Sheppy by Maugham, bookstores in London, Cardiff

Nic Gibson nicg at noslogan.org
Thu Jan 17 10:09:34 GMT 2008

On 1/17/08, John Costello <cos at indeterminate.net> wrote:

> I'll be in Cardiff and London for about a week each in March, and I'm
> hoping that I'll have better luck finding a copy of W. Somerset Maugham's
> play Sheppey in the UK.  I'll also be in Hay-on-Wye, but those shops show
> no sign of the play.
>
> I would welcome recommendations on book shops that might have used (or
> new?) copies of the play, which last was published in, I think, 1977.
>
> John
>
> ----

I can't help with getting hold of a real copy but, if you can't get hold of
a copy, there's a small chance that I might be able to obtain a PDF of it -
I might be able to add it to the next tranche of our backlist digitisation
project.

I don't know if it helps you find it but we (Penguin) published it in
Selected Plays (Viking). First publication date appears to have been 1963.
The ISBN-10 is 0140480439 (the ISBN-13 is 9780140480436 but that's probably
not much help).

cheers

nic
--