Old mac laptops for spares...

ben@bpfh.net ben at bpfh.net
Thu Jan 17 10:13:02 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 11:54:30PM +0000, the hatter wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>
>> Any idea what a 900MHz white iBook (in shiny new case!) with the
>> obligatory motherboard video fault, and
>> a 1GHZ G4 powerbook with flaky screen connection would fetch?
>>
>> Or anyone got any ideas for a use they could be put to?
>
>The one with dodgy screen connection sounds like a good candidate for a
>headless network appliancing (test box for a developer that doesn't own a
>mac but writes stuff that should work on it ?), or as someone's first mac
>desktop system with external KVM.

Or see if they work with external video, and if so look for a charity who
care about accessibility to their website for use as test webdev boxes.

The friend route is good too, that's what I did after my Powerbook got a
screen crunch[0].

Ben
[0] This was in no way a flimsy excuse to justify a shiny new MBP. Oh no.