Black Lion Guest House still recommended?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:35:49 GMT 2008

On 18/01/2008, virtualsue <virtuallysue at gmail.com> wrote:
> BLGH is cheap and there are always reasons why this is the case. I
> stayed there once some time ago and found it was "ok". It's noisy, not
> the best neighbourhood, and the standard of the decor, fittings and
> furniture was pretty mediocre. The room I had was large and the wireless
> internet worked well.  It's not convenient for me so I wouldn't stay
> there again, but somebody on a strict budget who isn't too fussy may be
> quite satisfied.

On the other hand - the Runnymede Hotel and Spa just outside Egham is
quite expensive but very very good - great service, really really nice
breakfast (the fresh fruit section also had honeycombs, greek yoghurt
and figs amongst it's impressive selection), ok wifi (6 quid for 3
hours, cheaper if you buy more), nice rooms, nice location -
convenient for M25, not far from egham station by cab, etc.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk