Recommendations on where to get legal advice?

Abigail abigail at abigail.be
Tue Jan 22 15:12:10 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 10:42:28PM +0000, Denny wrote:
> $ex-employer has sent me a contract to sign regarding the severance
> payment I will receive from them.  I need (as one of its conditions, not
> to mention out of general common sense) to get it very seriously looked
> at by a lawyer.  Does anybody have any recommendations of good
> lawyers/companies/whatever? (or ones to avoid)

Are you a union member? You maybe able to get a lawyer through them.
I went through the process myself a year ago; all it took was two
phone calls (of which the first one was to obtain the phone number
of the legal deparment), and one form to fill out. Within two weeks
(which included Christmas), everything was taken care off (including
the court case). As a union member, it was free of charge (but my
employer would have paid for it otherwise).

Of course, the situation in .uk might be quite different.

Abigail