introspection (and Perl 6)

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Jan 23 17:19:59 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 16:49 +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> I consider smashing punctuation characters together instead of
> saying "HOW" to be obfuscatory.

One other thing I noticed; in my head when I type foo($bar) or $bar->foo
(and so on), I don't think of any word for () or ->.  If I had to type
foo.of($bar) or $bar.call_method('foo') there would be voicing involved
every time.  I don't know if this is good or bad, but I think I prefer
using "->" to mean "call method" instead of using the words "call
method".  "->" just means something to me... I think I like that.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway