introspection (and Perl 6)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Jan 23 20:28:32 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 02:58:02PM -0500, Jeff Anderson wrote:

> My biggest gripe is this: are the new features of Perl 6 going to make
> my job easier?
>
> Probably not. In fact, most likely not.

Well, I like the fact that I will be able to directly access the iterator of
an outer map from an inner map. (Which was the answer to the question I asked
when Damian gave a talk about Perl 6 at the Conway Hall.)
This was useful because I'd hit this problem in Perl 5 around that time.

It's only a small thing. But I suspect that there will be lots of small
things.

Nicholas Clark