introspection (and Perl 6)

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 20:54:05 GMT 2008

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2008, at 19:53, Jeff Anderson wrote:
>> At any rate -- good luck with Perl 6. I for one don't need it. :)
>

> Did you know you needed Perl 5 before you'd used it?

Many more people could see the point before perl 5 arrived. There were
several features that were new to perl, immediately comprehensible and
widely applicable. I respectfully submit that this is not the case with
perl6.

There are different ways of saying the same thing, some new short cuts
(that are welcome) and some frankly esoteric things that make sense to
the likes of Ovid and Mr Conway, but will probably take the language out
of reach to mere mortals like myself.