introspection (and Perl 6)

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Jan 24 23:47:42 GMT 2008

On 24 Jan 2008, at 23:33, jesse wrote:
> Spreadsheets do an amazing job of letting casual end users get useful
> programming done. I keep wondering if building tools around a
> databasey
> paradigm rather than a spreadsheety one is the right thing.

Twenty five years ago I thought every one would be programming for
themselves by now. Did I ever get that one wrong. Spreadsheets bring a
lot of people a lot closer to programming than a) we give them credit
for and b) they realise.

I was seriously considering trying to write a module that would
execute a (suitably transformed and compiled into Perl) Excel
spreadsheet. I'm not sure how one would use it but it seems like
something that would be good to have if only for experimental purposes.

So definitely +1 to more contemplation of a spreadsheety programming
paradigm.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten