Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Fri Jan 25 09:59:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 15:09 -0800, Ovid wrote:
>  For example, this:
>
>   my $is_ok = 1;
>   for my $t (0 .. 6) {

> Becomes this:
>
>   my $is_ok = 1;
>   for 0..6 -> $t {

I'll admit to have stopped paying attention to Perl 6 some years when
most of the discussion might have just as well have been pinhead angel
counting, but to me the above seems to me to be a completely gratuitous
change in syntax for no apparent benefit. Now I am sure someone is going
to reply "but but ... ", and I can assure that the wrong answer will be
to explain it to *me* in relation to some fashionable CS idea or
functional programming paradigm or whatever.

/J\
--
Acting my shoe size since 1972