Utility to find date and size of files.

Paul Johnson paul at pjcj.net
Fri Jan 25 12:56:37 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 06:08:35AM -0600, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Bob Walker <bob at randomness.org.uk> writes:
> > bob mumbles about gnu and linux weenies.
>
> Yeah, damn all these people maintaining software and adding features!
> We should be stuck in 1970 because ... uh ... WELL BECAUSE!  Writing
> code is much more fun than using someone else's code anyway!

Since this seems to be the week for flames, I'll mumble along with Bob
here.  I'm always dismayed but never surprised when I have to hack some
bit of C to get it to compile on Solaris for example.  This usually
involves adding some header file, #defining something, adding a typedef
or a cast, hacking some switches or just commenting out some bit of code
I think I can live without.

And as for dealing with gnu makefiles, cp flags, sed limits and the
like, I just gave up and installed the gnu toolchain.

And Solaris isn't really obsolete or esoteric.  But there are people on
this list who run systems that are both of those things.

> *rolls eyes*

Seven.  Yawn.

PS. Add smilies as felt necessary.

Disclaimer: This isn't really a flame.  It's not even a very good rant.
In fact, I don't even feel particularly strongly about it.  But I'm off
to the mountains in a couple of hours - the sun is shining and the snow
is good - so even though I had to fill in my tax forms last night, I'm
finding it a little hard to be sufficiently grumpy.  Maybe I'll plough
through the perl6 thread next week and do a proper flame.  But I doubt
it.

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net