Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:39:40 GMT 2008

On 29/01/2008, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:
> BTW, the time to whine about Perl6 syntax was about 3 years ago, and not
> on the london.pm list.  If the decisions upset you so much, how about
> helping out with Perl6?  How about discussing Perl6 on a Perl6 mailing
> list?

Actually - now is a pretty good time to mention stuff we come accross
that jarrs or confuses.

As rakudo [Gotta Catch 'Em All] is now reasonably quick and robust for
trying perl 6 code out, and doesn't require 4 day long installation of
compiling the latest GHC like pugs, now is when us common-or-garden
perl types are actually trying it out.

So you better be expecting some feedback, because previously it was
all moving goalposts and experimental stuff. It's bloody hard to
evaluate whether a syntax is comfortable by reading the lengthy
articles espousing how great $feature is and that it meets the
Turing-Knuff LISP criteria for higher functional meta-programming, and
now is when people like me get to "suck it and see".

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk