Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

David Cantrell david at
Tue Jan 29 16:28:11 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 02:03:27AM -0600, Jonathan Rockway wrote:

> BTW, the time to whine about Perl6 syntax was about 3 years ago, and not
> on the list.

FWIW, even if you took the time to explain your concerns about bits of
perl 6 syntax on perl 6 mailing lists you were either shouted at,
ignored or worse.  I hate to think what would have happened if I'd

>                         If the decisions upset you so much, how about
> helping out with Perl6?  How about discussing Perl6 on a Perl6 mailing
> list?

Why should I bother helping out with, or discussing, something so many
of whose proponents make those who ask simple questions feel so unwelcome?
Why should I bother helping people who denigrate any criticism or
question, however mild, as "whining"?

If I wanted that, I'd go to a Labour party meeting.

Anyone willing to give up a little fun for tolerance deserves neither