[OT] user-management bit of web apps

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Jan 29 20:22:42 GMT 2008

"Adam Bernard" <ab11+londonpm at sanger.ac.uk> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm putting together a little web app, probably based round Catalyst,
> which I don't yet know very well (so not flames yet please).
>
> I really can't be bothered writing the standard bits to let people
> create user accounts, choose passwords, change passwords, password
> reminders, and all that.

Yeah, this is tedious.  We're working on a system for including bits
like this in your Catalyst application (needs some infrastructure first,
though).  Right now you could try out InstaCRUD.  mst's Reaction project
will do this much better, though.  Finally, I think Jifty handles this
sort of thing in a nice-n-automatic way.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway