Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Jeff Anderson captvanhalen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 21:04:40 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:

>  My underlying point is that complaining isn't going to help anyone fix
>  your problem.

My problem? I thought the problem was that a lot of people are not
happy about the current state of Perl 6. I am quite content using Perl
5 myself ...

>  Also, here's the thing with open source software.  As the author or a
>  contributor, I don't really care if you "use my product" or not.  It's
>  fun to have users, but ones that whine and never contribute anything are
>  ones I'm glad not to have.

Yet here we are. :) And we ain't shutting up.

Get one thing straight -- if YOU don't like us whining, then stop
whining about us whining. Remember, we don't need Perl 6. Perl 6 needs
us.

--
jeffa