Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Jan 30 15:38:06 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:54:57AM -0500, Jeff Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 4:29 AM, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> >  No he isn't, he was just pointing out you were talking out of your arse.
> >
> >  Hope That Helps. Have A Nice Day.
>
> And Perl 6 is going to be released when?

In the future, when it's ready.

This isn't Microsoft. (Which often manages not be ready, despite also being
later than it promised, and despite also paying a lot of people to achieve
this)

It will be sooner if more people were able to help.
Rakudo (the Perl 6 on Parrot compiler) reached the point where it's possible
to contribute by writing Perl 6 for it.

If this doesn't appeal, an alternative option is to ignore it and hope that
it goes away. I find that this option takes a lot less effort than most of
the alternatives. I've been applying it to various things recently, with
some degree of success. I'm not going to mention what, as often doing so
skews the stats and is counter-productive. eg

  http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/31080

although in that case it did go away, despite me breaching my policy.

Nicholas Clark