Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Jeff Anderson captvanhalen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:36:03 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
>  Well sure. I was failing to grasp how he got from "I don't like it" to
>  "we don't like it" where "we" is everyone outside the core language
>  team. If any individual doesn't like it then they shouldn't use it.
>  There is, however, often a problem with extrapolating from "I" to "we"
>  in matters of preference.

You were failing to grasp because THAT NEVER HAPPENED. Here is what i
originally stated:

"Get one thing straight -- if YOU don't like us whining, then stop
whining about us whining. Remember, we don't need Perl 6. Perl 6 needs
us."

Mr. Barker "Step right up! Step right up! Get yer Dr. Fangled's New
Fangled Remedy Cure! Guaranteed to cure your ailment!"

Customer: "Um, does it work with my existing body?"

Mr. Barker: "No. You will need a new body first! Isn't that great
though? Your old body was tired and couldn't do proper OO anways!"

Customer: "Eh, I'll just stick with my original body then. I can
download a cure from CPAN in the meantime."

Mr. Barker: "SOD OFF, HITLER!"

--
jeffa