[OT] user-management bit of web apps

Jeff Anderson captvanhalen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:25:19 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>  [Apache::Voodoo] is, admittedly, better than the "web framework" I wrote once ... but I
>  had the sense to chuck that out and replace it with Maypole and then later
>  Catalyst.  What's your excuse?

Well thanks for the kind words! If this had not come so soon after me
expressing my doubts about Perl 6 i might have not thought that you
were simply being a bitter old crank and you spent 10 or so minutes
going over my recommendation looking for anything you could use to try
and make me feel inferior.

Anyways ...

Voodoo wasn't developed by one person, presumably for one person's
needs. We've kept it a secret because we were just too damn busy using
it to build websites and didn't have time to write proper
documentation and cookbook recipes.

But please, continue bashing my recommendation. It seems to make you
feel better about Perl 6 still not being released after only 7 or 8
years. Gives me the gumption to go write documentation for it. I'll
bet we can have something out the door long before Perl 6 is ready.

--
jeffa