[OT] user-management bit of web apps

Mike Whitaker mike at altrion.org
Thu Jan 31 13:08:45 GMT 2008

> I don't believe there is a real problem looking for a solution here.

Which is where we differ. I do, because I see people falling /hard/
over TWTOWTDI by either finding a really /bad/ solution from the ones
available because there's no 'accepted' one, or choosing a different
langauge simply because there aren't any clear pointers to What Most
Folks Use. And then go away posting wherever 'Perl sucks', 'Perl is
dying'....

Example - the Conway OO book (which is one of the three or four most
recent 'howto' Perl books out there) puts forward the case for inside-
out classes. /His/ implementation of same (Class::Std) hasn't been
touched in 2 years and has 40+ bugs, some 2 years old. But because it
was written by 'the guy who wrote the books', people use it a lot.
--
Mike Whitaker    | Yahoo! UK Ltd - internal CMS team
mike at altrion.org | Perl developer, writer, guitarist, photographer