[OT] user-management bit of web apps

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jan 31 15:43:33 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:28:16PM +0000, Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:14:19AM -0600, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>
> >Sometimes the lazy people independently discover something good, but
> >usually the result goes like this:
>
> One day you will fail to insult a project you're not involved in, and
> the world will be awed.

He's not involved in DBIx::Class :)

Though I insult that regularly, and we both do the same to Catalyst. The
thing is we tend to do that around people who're likely to help us fix
whatever's currently making them insult-worthy, which isn't really this
list. On here, we insult things that are currently being discussed that are
worthy of such :)

> Your postings in the past few days have succeeded in changing my opinion
> of Perl6 from "may be interesting once it's available" to "language wank
> by self-important idiots".

Neither of us are really 'perl 6 people' - in fact, I think we're both
suqurely in the sceptic camp, myself more so than John. But the people
saying against weren't constructing sensible arguments so we poked holes
in them (you'll notice there were plenty of 'against' people who -did- that
we ignored ...)